Monday, March 25, 2013

You’re not Riku! (commentary on ch109)


(I'm trying something different, and I'm writin this AS I'm rereading through the chapter, instead of rereading, posting, then trying to sort out a blog. It's just so much easier. Can't believe I didn't htink of it sooner)

Why is Namine so set on Kairi having faith in Sora?

Well, if you haven't read the latest 19 chapter in ASAS, you're going to be confused by this. Eh, I'll do a rough summary of what's important (though, you should go read the 19 chapter, anyway).

Basically, in Namine's early stages of programming, there was some mess with some data (that is so not accurate, go read the chapters for proper details) and she ended up with data from the future, thus giving her memories and thoughts of times that are happening AS OF RIGHT NOW (and slightly later). Of course, those memories are later suppressed at the back of her mind, but-

Her strong belief that Kairi has faith in Sora is a misinterpretation of her surpressed memory. She sees/knows that Sora eventually turns out better, and she knows that Kairi eventually fights for him, but she's as confused as heck about when that's supposed to be. She cannot take into account that it happens at a different point than when she is - that things change - because she doesn't have the full picture (heheh... that's a pun). She only has odd notions, and she's misreading them

(I feel like I just gave away spoilers concerning Sora and Kairi. I mean, yeah, it hasn't happened yet, but we all know it's going to happen eventually (like Namiku getting together). While, yes, it kills some suspense, you guys still have no clue how I'm gonna get there)

Was Namine actually speaking outloud? Not a clue. She easily could've been. Think what you want.
Whether or not the fact she sees what's happening to Riku is merely because of their connection, or because she has memories of it happening is, well- now that I'm writing it, I realize it's just the connection. Nevermind.
I love Namine's thought process here (as she's debating what to do when she gets to Riku). She's fun to write when she's not entirely coherent. Is that weird?

Oh, and she's cursing the connection between her and Riku. I forgot she did that. Though, I guess I would too, especially if that's what she's blaming the meltdowns on (I should do a post on what everyone blames the meltdowns on. It'd be fun. Gimme a list of characters you want to see in it, will you?)

Random fact! I hand wrote this all on paper during school! 

That, and I should've mentioned this sooner, technically, because I'm backtracking, but it's not TERRIBLY important. Anyway, Kairi saying "my Sora" is referring to, well, obviously, how Sora used to be before he fell into darkness. The term "my Sora" comes from an original draft of FtP. Shortly after some conversation with Sora, as he's leaving, Kairi whispers "Sora, my Sora, where have you gone?" That, however, didn't make the final cut. I don't think. I'm not going to look, because I REALLY need to get back to writing instead of rambling and blogging

KKBeckett said that she thought Joseph's: "You are not Riku!" was very bold. True, but bold. I agree. He's bold every now and then.

"Maybe I could talk to him." Kairi's referring to Sora here. Just in case you didn't catch that.

Also, why is Kairi delaying so much?
Well, because I needed her to, because Namine can't get to Riku yet. Besides, Namine never mentioned that it was urgent! 

"I should be able to to distract him while you get Riku out of the way"
This line kinda hurt my heart. It's just a smack in the face about how little faith Kairi has in Sora right now. It's not "maybe I can knock some sense into him" it's "maybe I can distract him" 

"I- I can't have him worrying about me."
Oddly enough, the next words that Kairi thought of saying were "Not like mom..."

Not that I'm surprised. I know something happened to Kairi's mom, but now I'm curious as to what. Did she go missing? An then turn up dead later? Did she leave to travel the worlds or something and just never come back? Not a clue, and it's never gonna be covered in story. It happened so long ago that Kairi doesn't talk about it much anymore because it stopped mattering. Like me talking about how my grandma died. It happend so long ago, that it's really not important to me how she died, or every single detail. (I realize, that was a kinda bad example...)

the "aren't you just wasting time?" was originally said by Joseph, and was more like "Namine, you're wasting time" but then I realized Toby was being quiet, and... the line seemed to fit him... 

As odd as it is, I love this battle snippet between Sora and Riku. I mean, originally, I was going to just write absolutely NOTHING on the battle, and let you fill in the gaps (admittedly, this is the end, and there still are some gaps to be filled concerning how they got here)

But... Idk... it's different to do a battle without any dialogue, any screaming, any anger. Just this sense of "I'm fighting because I don't want to die" even though, in this case, the fighting is only making everything worse.

RANDOM! We just went over the heart and stuff in biology (well, it's more complicated than that, but I'm not going into details about what I'm going over in school) and, mainly, it's positioning. Originally, Riku was stabbed somewhere in the right side of his chest. However, your heart is technically in the center of your chest (slanting slightly to the left) so... that doesn't work. I mean, even if it missed the heart, it does hit a lung, and I don't want to go into detail about healing a long. So, we're going to say that he was stabbed right below the heart and between the lungs (the darkness didn't want to kill him immediately, and this seemed like a safe spot for it to have Sora stab him so that he could just bleed to death) It misses vital organs, but he's still bleeding heavily, and at this rate, will bleed to death if someone doesn't find him.

ahem.

Oh Riku, stop saying you're not a coward and just go get medical attention, you idiot!

"The scene was so familiar that Riku's next move was practically subconscious"
This would be basement 7- no- 8. Basement 8. After he and Real Thing fight. that attack/sheild/sequence/(what am I reffering to?)/thing.
I liked the idea of him throwing up that "wall of darkness" around himself to protect himself from an oncoming attack, so I threw it in here. It'll probably be seen again later.

That's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment