Monday, March 25, 2013

Oh dear… (commentary on ch108)


Ah...haha...ha...

Well, I spent the past three days attempting the Pit of 100 trials in Paper Mario TTYD, failing, going and seeing a certain favorite story teller of mine and listening to him talk for a couple hours to cheer me up.

which was a bad idea, because I seem to be caught up on the tales of the Four Heroes rather than whatever the crap needs to be happening in my universe...

it's... sorta died down now... but- uhhum...

yeah...

anyway

TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE CHAPTER!!

*pulls up notes*

Apparently it was fun to write Riku tuning everything out. I wrote that down, but I don't honestly remember. It's been freaking forever since I wrote this.

Riku wanting to keep moving is really just a... well... a thing that I needed to do (is there a term for that?) to get them away from Aerith's house so that, y'know, the end could happen...

I just realized, I've been saying y'know and y'see a lot.

Huh.

Anyway

Y'see (I did it again!) even though Shad left (and I was too lazy to have magik edit it otherwise) he came back. Convient? Well, call me the Queen of Convenience! Besides, I've got excuses! He noticed Sora's darkness acting up and came back so he could take advantage of it.

Or, because he was curious and just wanted to have some fun

We went over dashes in English shortly before I wrote the chapter -- I know how to use them properly! -- so... yeah...

that's about it.

I'm going to go try and knock Paper Mario stuff out of my head (even though it's a shame because the Paper Mario series is one of the better Mario sub-series. I mean, I've never played the original, and Super Paper Mario was a bit more wordy than most people would like it to be, they're decent games.)

speaking of wordy games, I got FFXIII for my birthday a few months ago, and I have been seriously unimpressed. It's just... run around until you hit the next cutscene. Not that I mind cutscenes, and the story line is nice, but it's boring. Makes me seriously unprepared when the bosses come around, because I've just been avoiding fighting monsters before hand...

OH!

I remembered some stuff that wasn't in my notes!

Y'see (I keep doing it!) I original wrote the idea of Sora stabbing Riku in the chest as a sort of throw away idea. I was taking a break from one of the How to Train your Dragon books - Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons, I think it was - and I wrote that. It was at my grandparents house. I remember really strange things about the stuff I write...

That... that was about it...

I mean, I could probably sit here and talk about Riku's conflicted feelings...

but I've still got TTYD on the brain... and it's relatively happy and bright stuff. I'd rather hold onto this for a bit instead of just driving a stake through its heart by thinking about Riku's conflicted and complex feelings which aren't happy in the slightest

now... I'm either going to go continue revamping Tales of Old (I fixed all my grammar mistakes and added a few things... so I think I'm done except maybe an extra epilogue chapter or something, and then I eventually need to go reupload everything)

Or I'll go back to writing what I was writing before...

which involves- ugh- not very happy stuff

I've hit that point in the book where nothing's happy currently and nothing will be happy for a while. Joy.
I mean, as much as I love my book, and I love writing it, it lacks... well... it's very dark. And I like the fact it's dark, really, because you can't have all bright stuff, but it makes me wonder sometimes what the heck I'm doing... because  Iook at it and I realize "Holy shmokes this is dark, why the heck am I writing this?"

I mean, when I originally wanted to start writing, I was in fifth grade, and I planned to write- well- something to the style of Mario games. While, yes, serious "we need to save the world" but with underlying humor. I miss my humor.

Thankfully, it should come back. As soon as I hit book 5...

I just... have to hit book five...

*sigh*

enough rambling

I have six hours before I need to go to bed (ugh school tomorrow) and I should try and write.

sigh... 17 more days and then I am freed from this curse of school and going to bed even though inspiration's struck because I need to function the next day

No comments:

Post a Comment