Monday, March 25, 2013

SCAR (commentary on ch100)


what, blog on a chapter on the same day a chapter is posted? WHAT!?!

yeah, I'm full of surprises tonight

whoopdedoo!

anyway, before I discuss the chapter, I need to tell you guys something.

I'm going to have to take a brief (hopefully EXTREMELY breif) hiatus so that I can catch up with writing. Because in pulling every stop I possibly could to get the special chapter posted (it'll be posted sometime this week) in March (as soon as you read it you'll understand WHY it needed to be posted in March) I am... out of things to post. I have about half a chapter written, and Riku keeps stalling *glare*

Riku: hey! I left the scene! I can't possibly stall anymore!

still, it took me three days to write that. and it was SHORT

Riku: not MY fault you had a friend over

oh, while we're off the subject of the chapter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGIK!! YOU ARE THE BEST OLDER SISTER EVER!!! (shh pretend this was posted on March 18)

here's the point where I insert the picture I traced for her... but... I never scanned it before I sent it to her... so...

Anyway!

I apologize for lying to you guys about SCAR being an acronym. Because it really isn't... I mean, it is an acronym, but it's not ONLY an acronym...

S - Shad's
C - confusion
A - and
R - rage

yup

though, Sora's not going to make it out of this without a nasty scar...

which reminds me!!!



I knew I was forgetting something...

I may or may not have gone overboard with the blood. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think I did (though, I'm beginning to think there's not enough, so... might just be me doubting crap)

so...

TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE CHAPTER-sss... because I posted two at once...


Part 1 (the first chapter)
This one was interesting. Really. Plus, it's always kind of fun to write from Tifa's POV. Though, I had almost no choice too. I didn't really feel like being in Aerith's brain, and Sora started freaking out, and since I had no idea why he was freaking out, it couldn't be from his POV

but that's okay. 

it worked this way

*glances over chapter*

hmm... I really need to post- well, there are a lot of things I need to post. But I need to be writing right now, so forget the fact I have things I need to post. I just need to finish this dang blog, and I have more crap to say
not about this chapter, though

there really isn't anything to say


Part 2 (the second chapter)
this one was... fun. In an odd way.

like I said, writing from Tifa's POV is kind of fun. Certainly added a different element to everything. This scene wasn't originally planned to include her, but I have to, and I'm kind of glad I did. Because Aerith started freaking on me (not that I blame her) and if Tifa wasn't there to get her to stop, Sora would've lost sight in his left eye, because I'm not sure how long it would've taken Aerith to stop freaking out on her own
this scene WAS planned to include EVERYONE (well, actually, only Yuffie, but... Tifa wanted Leon there, and I couldn't not include Cid) so getting them all awake was fun to come up with

I feel bad for Leon, though...

and I did not plan for what Cid pulled, though... but whatever

*scrolls down a bit*

oh, hello Shad...

Tifa wants to punch you in the face for that, btw

and Tifa being here for this certainly helped, because the most reasonable response for Sora's "He needs to learn this isn't okay!" is "and how does hurting yourself teach him anything!?"

speaking of Shad...

If you are wondering, he's only doing this to make himself feel better. After the fiasco in Beast's Castle with him completely screwing up (because, actually, if he hadn't gone the letter route, things most likely would've worked... not kidding...) he's been possibly crying in a corner and hating himself for being such a failure

then Sora starts yelling at him

then he picks up on Aerith's pain...

ahem

he's still a jerk though.

and, uhm...

that's about all I have to say

OH WAIT!

just because

MEMORABLE QUOTES FROM TIFA IN THIS CHAPTER

"Well, she COULD punch him in the face, but that didn't seem like a good idea at the moment" (shut up, I know that's not a quote, but I love that thought process...)

"If you think you deserve pain, then fine! I'll punch you in the face later if it'll make you feel better!"

"Then shut up and let Aerith heal you."

"You ENJOY watching me yell at people?" (it's okay Cid, I think we all enjoy Tifa yelling... =P)

...

oh, that's it

it's okay

I need to write now

No comments:

Post a Comment