Monday, March 25, 2013

OH, I’m all for him killing her (commentary on ch94)


oh gosh... it's been so long since I wrote this... and I just wasted five minutes sitting here and trying to figure out what I was going to say. okay... fifteen more minutes and if I'm not in the middle of a good rant I'm done. I have writing to get to

for starters, why a blog now? Because I had something to say

I think

well... this chapter was definitely interesting to write. I think it went through a good couple of rewrites so that I could expand on stuff. L yelling at 37 wasn't originally there, but I added because... eh... someone told me to. I think it was magik. I think. It's been so long.

anyway, so, this explains the "disabling a replica without focusing" thing

oh! I remember!

so, there's a bit more to that. A bit of WHY it does that. It was something along the lines of because Saix isn't focusing on the Replica he's Disabling, the Program freaks out and is like "ohmygoshwhatamIsupposedtodo!?!" and starts to just Disable everyone. I guess it figures it out eventually, obviously.

oh, if you're wondering, Joseph STILL hasn't mentioned the incident with the Berserkers in Twilight Town to 29. Actually, it hasn't been that long. It feels like a while, but it's barely been a day. I mean, the thing with the Berserkers happened sometime while Riku and Namine were in Hollow Bastion, then Joseph forgot, and by the time he remembers it's JUST before the meeting concerning the trip to TWTNW and he doesn't have time then, and then, well, there's this burst of chapters.

it's not a lot

KKBeckett asked after beta-ing this whether or not EVERYONE was affected, like, including people in CO. The answer's no. It's sorta World Specific (though, I suppose, it SHOULD be just within that set radius of distance Saix can be away from a Replica while Disabling them, but it added drama to the fight scene here, and maybe things are a tad different when the Program is confused *shrug*)

let's see, I don't know who's side Xiggy's Clone is on. He's on his own, I guess. Or, rather, he just doesn't want to be helping 37 and L unless he absolutely HAS to (as you read in the Can't Escape chapters, his only motivation for even helping in this battle was to bother Riku, yeah?)

speaking of the Can't Escape chapters, I'm going to comment on them

I know magik already did, but I have a few things to say, too (however, I'm not referencing with what she's already said, so I might go over a few things again)

to start it off, magik wrote this enitre thing on her own. I think I helped out a smidge for continuity and stuff... but... um... I can't think of anything else that doesn't classify as continuity, soo....

um... gossiping Larxenes. oh yeah. Q... umm... no.. I'm not- you're- no. Just no. We're killing that idea now. ugh.

Sorry about H and Bloodroot. I mean, I had always planned for there to be a reference to a Larxene and a Marluxia dating. Magik just took that and ran with it. And she did a wonderful job, too.
(originally, the reference went somewhere in the chapter I just posted after Joseph pointing out that Saix was after them, because he originally just lists of a crap ton of people. But then things changed, and the crap ton of people stopped working. Soo....

her Axel talking to my Axel.

OH! I don't know if magik mentioning this, but I think I remember her telling me while she was writing this that apparently Axel likes listening to himself speak. There might have been more, but I don't remember, and for the possible sake of her not wanting me to even bring this up at all, I'm shutting up now.

Everyone hating 37 and L...

S. I like S. Well, I don't like her. I just think she's funny. 

everyone still hating 37 and L. Lol, I love this part so much. I think... even though 37 and L are gross, there is a bit of humor to it that you drag from everyone else's opinions of them, and I like that.
OH!! WE NEVER EXPLAINED THAT!

the reason behind the Berserker incident/Saix needing Joseph/Joseph possibly being rewritten.

the answer?

Toby.

Because Saix figured he'd need someone to help keep an eye on Toby, and capturing Joseph and rewritting him apparently seemed like a good idea. That's about it, though, because now Saix doesn't have to worry about Toby anymore. (oh, just checked, Axel explains this. Whoops.)

speaking of which! (hope you're following my brain. I know these trains are getting scrambled)

I think someone might have asked about Saix not being able to kill Toby. If not, I'm explaining it anyway, because I'm sure someone's wondering. You see, it's because Toby reminds Saix of Lea. Probably a rather young Lea, because I'm sure Isa and Lea were friends from a youngish age. Maybe. Anyway, the point is, it's phantom emotions keeping Toby alive, because Toby reminds Saix of times from forever ago when he and Axel still got along. You follow that? Am I over explaining it? I suddenly feel weird about that explanation.

and, crud, I'm about ten minutes past my original deadline. I'm going to see if I have much else to say...

oh, wait, I do. Crud.

Yes, S was who got crushed by the chandelier in the previous chapter in Dead Inside. Just... double pointing that out.

I could probably sit here for awhile and point out parallels between Can't Escape and Dead Inside. However, I'm running out of time, and I'm sure all of you are smart enough to figure them out yourself.

NOW! ON TO THE OTHER THING!

the original draft that was planned for this. I mean, I'd put in in ASAS, but it's really just snippets of conversation

*pulls up vol 9 and crosses fingers* please be the right journal.... ah dangit! no it's not!! Oh well, at least they're all up on the computer now...

ah! there it is!!

            “Who are you?” Riku asked, staring skeptically at the young boy who stood beside Joseph.
            “My name’s Toby, sir-” he began.
            “Toby we don’t have time for that!” Joseph interrupted, and turned to Riku. “We really should probably get going. We’ve got about half the Organization, a couple Larxene Replicas, maybe a Marluxia Replica, though he and that Larxene Replica might have been too busy to notice…”
            Everyone made a face.
            “There were quite a few lesser Nobodies as well,” Joseph continued. “Oh, and Saix-”
            “Saix!?” 19 gasped. “Good gravy, Joseph, what did you do?”
            He shrugged. “You told me to cause a distraction!”
            “Well, yes, but there’s a difference between a distraction and havoc!”
            Joseph started to protest, paused, fumbled for a response, and then pointed at Toby accusingly.
            “It’s his fault!”
            “What!?” Toby exclaimed, the cockiness on his face replaced with disbelief. “How is it my fault!? You were the one who wanted to crash the chandelier!”


okay, obviously, that didn't make it in. You can see Joseph's long list of people chasing them... but that was taken out because after the incident with the Disabling issue... no one but Saix was really mad at them.

Also, this originally had 19 in it. Then I realized that 19 REALLY SHOULDN'T be going to TWTNW. Sorry 19, it's just not you're thing. Besides, it worked out.

I am going to miss the good gravy line, though... 

ah well. Toby's line at the end was also cut out, because I needed some way to get them out of there after that, and it doesn't flow well from Toby's line into injuring 37, so thus Toby's line was scrapped. Which is a pity, I liked that line, too.

There was more "original ideas" but they aren't in the same journal, and I really should go back to the giant Heartless battle I was in the middle of. So...

that's it.

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment