Monday, March 25, 2013

I was going to have Riku punch the wall (commentary on ch106)


but... it took too much time... the chapter was already long enough.

Tifa would've yelled at him, though, and it probably would've been funny.

Uhm... expect the original draft of this scene in ASAS sometime... soonish...

um... were there two drafts? I only wrote one... didn't I? I don't remember a second draft... Yet my notes say there were two... what the heck!?

well, I'll definitely post the one I know of, and if I can find the other one then I'll post it, too
anyway, little note I wrote while writing this:
 "It's funny, that Riku has extremely good hearing, and yet at times he hardly hears ANYTHING. I mean, it's just a concentration issue, really. He focuses on one thing and everything else around him is a blur"

I mean, I'm pretty sure that in the CoM novels he just tunes Namine out because he's too busy focusing on trying to kill Sora (right before he's shattered). Or... that's how I wrote it anyway... I swear that was in the novels, though

heheh... Shad doesn't think highly of Namine

I mean, he goes from "memory witch" to "witch" to "bi-" y'know (I'm not typing it. I don't use that language. If I did, Shad wouldn't have been- well, he probably still would've been cut off, because if he said all of that Riku would've murdered him... well, Sora...)

and the only reason he didn't actually murder Sora for Shad nearly saying that is that he was too busy crying... or... something

have I mentioned that Riku is A PAIN INTHE BUTT to write while he's crying? He like... distances himself from everything, and I can't even stay in his head long enough to get what he's thinking. It's a bad habit of his.

I blame the Organization

I mean, really, that's the reason why the first words out of his mouth after he realizes he's crying are"I'm not weak"

*cough*let'sblameLarxene*cough cough*

Because, really, I- OH YEAH! I actually wrote a scene explaing this! I should go post that in ASAS! I mean, that rough draft can wait! 

lemme finish this blog and it'll be posted, kay?

speaking of which, I'm not sure if you really caught on, but that corner he's referring to is some... idk, random corner in Castle Oblivion, where he'd usually retreat to to cry. I mean... I'm not sure if that's obvious. Neither of my beta's asked about it... so...

that's about it, really. I mean, that's all I wrote down. I might have had more to say, but I'm too lazy to think too much about it

OH WAIT!!

just remembered

that little thing at the end, where Riku closes his hand into a fist and whatnot- that's a... nervous twitch, I guess. I mean, that's not what it is, but it's something like that. Habit? I want to say habit...

anyway, it's like he's trying to clutch the good luck charm. Because, typically, he'd have it with him when he was upset (considering he hasn't been this upset since... well... a while) and so- yeah- habit...
here, you know what, here's what I told my beta:
" it's... like he's expecting Namine's good luck charm to be there, but it's not, because he lost that 8 (or 9) months ago. I guess it's habit because last time he cried so hard it was in the other universe, and, y'know, he had the good luck charm then..."

No comments:

Post a Comment