Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hymn for the Missing

betterish breakdown on the SoKai page



these posts are probably just going to come whenever something hits me

though, I swear, I will have that "Never Go Back" one up... eventually...

~~

Song - Hymn for the Missing by Red

~~

I was just listening to a mix of Red, and then this song came on, and I'm like... "huh." Because, it kind of fit's SoKai. Really. It makes me think of where they are currently in the fic (specifically what'll happen in a scene that hasn't happened yet, but I am NEARLY there. I'll mention it to you guys when it comes up)
And... that's about it... I'll just do a break down of it, and you'll understand

~~

in fact, this is one of the more simpler breakdowns I will probably ever do, because the song really speaks for itself once you know who is singing what.

and, for the sake of being less confusing

Sora - regular font
Kairi - italics 

now if you excuse me, I'm going to be lazy and just copy and paste the lyrics instead of typing them up

I tried to walk together
But the night was growing dark
Thought you were beside me
But I reached and you were gone
Sometimes I hear you calling
From some lost and distant shore
I hear you crying softly for the way it was before
~ Sora's thinking about Kairi. I'd say more, but it would be over explaining

Where are you now?
Are you lost?
Will I find you again?
Are you alone?
Are you afraid? (Kairi's worried about him)

Are you searching for me? (Sora interrupts her with his own curious/worried/hopeful thoughts)
Why did you go? (She asks)
I had to stay (He replies. I know it doesn't ENTIRELY make sense splitting it here, but it's like he's saying "I had to stay away from you")
Now I'm reaching for you
Will you wait? will you wait?
Will I see you again? (Now he wants to know how she feels)

You took it with you when you left
These scars are just a trace
Now it wanders lost and wounded
This heart that I misplaced
~ this was hard to place, but I gave it to Kairi. It makes more sense that she sings it than Sora (I question the accuracy of this verse at all, but, I also have yet to find a song that is absolutely PERFECT for a character)

Where are you now?
Are you lost?
Will I find you again?
Are you alone?
Are you afraid?

Are you searching for me?
Why did you go?
I had to stay
Now I'm reaching for you
Will you wait? will you wait?
Will I see you again?

~~

I think the song captures rather accurately (as a whole: see my concerns about the second verse) the feeling of SoKai. With his worry about how he feels about her, and her hope for him.

or... the hope she had, since Shad brutally crushed all her hope by telling her that Sora was gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment