Monday, March 25, 2013

Translation of ch50 Can’t Escape


Goodness, I missed like three messages from magik

and she didn't notify me that she posted the chapter to Can't Escape!

So, if you wanted a translation, here it is now

(btw, this is all from memory. the translation is I think I don't know how I could've remembered the entire chapter. It might not be ENTIRELY accurate, but I DID just write this yesterday. You would think that I'd remember what I wrote...)

Okay, so, the first thing that 6 says Riku translates

I would hope that you know enough Spanish to know that "seis" is "six"

this would be easier if I just did:

Riku: 6! speak english please!
6: I don't want to!
Riku: 6, we want to understand you. And they (everyone else in CO) can't understand you because they can't understand Spanish. And I don't want to have to translate for them.
6: For you?
(I realize this doesn't ENTIRELY make sense, but he's answering Riku's earlier "speak english please" question, technically.)
Riku: Sure...
6: I would, but... I can't. Sorry. I can't speak English any more.
Riku: Seriously?
6: Sadly, yes
(after the short exchange with 7)
Riku: Do you know why?
6: No. I don't know.
6: Why do you want to know?
Riku: 7 wants to fix you
6: And if I don't want to be fixed?
(now, teasing 7)
Riku: How sad! 7 doesn't like when we speak in Spanish. He wants to understand us! Ah, poor guy!
6: Yes! We should speak in Spanish more often!
(exchange with 7)
Riku: I think we're bothering him
(when Namine comes up, Riku starts to ask "como estas?" which is basically "what's up" in Spanish. It took his brain a moment to remember what language he needed to be speaking in)
6: Namine! I think Riku likes you!
(little note about Spanish: 6, here, uses the more familiar form of "you". He uses "tu" instead of "usted" (which he had been using for the rest of the conversastion). This was mainly just a slip on my part, but only because I didn't think "le gusta" got the point across as well. Maybe it did, but "gustar" is such a WEIRD verb.)
(In my head, actually, Riku's yelling at 6 for using the familiar form of "you" on Namine and not because of what 6 actually said :P)
I'd assume you know (or can guess) that "No es nada" means "it's nothing"
6: You don't have to be embarrassed! you can-
Riku: (in english) Shut up!
6: Sorry Riku. If you want me to stop, you'll have to tell me in Spanish
Riku: (in Spanish) Shut up!
(At least, I think that's what "shut up" is in Spanish. That's what google translate says, but I don't entirely trust it)
6: Why? If you like her, you should tell her. Why hide it? I don't see the point in hiding. Besides, acting the way you are, she's going to notice soon. (note, that last sentence wasn't a direct translation: It's what I wanted to say ORIGINALLY, but getting it to mean the same exact thing in Spanish was too complicated) I think it would be better if-
~Now, Riku speaks Japanese here. Putting it VERY LIGHTLY, he says "shut up, idiot!"
However, "damare" more acurately translates to "shut your face" or something ruder than that. "Bakayaro" translates roughly to idiot ("baka" means idiot), but it can also translate to, again, something ruder.
Riku: You didn't understand that, did you?
~Riku then goes on to apologize in Japanese, figuring that 6 would understand him. Why Japanese? Well, because I think it's easier to get the point across of "I am extremely sorry!" In Japanese just by what form of the words you use... not entirely sure, though. 
(I feel sorry for Riku here, he has like three different languages running through his head)
Riku: Eh? (which is the Japanese version of "huh?") You want- (finally switching to spanish:) You want me to explain in Spanish? But I thought- uhm- Spanish doesn't have the vocabulary that- *sighs* I'm really sorry, 6! I was mad and wanted you to be quiet.  I didn't mean it. Sorry.
6: It's fine
Riku: You didn't understand me
(6 grins)
Riku: (In Japanese) I hate you...
6: What?
Riku: (Spanish) I don't like you. You really made me think-
6: What did you tell me? (referring to what Riku said earlier in Japanese)
Riku: Ah... You're right. It's fine.

And the rest of it is explained.

So....

yup

No comments:

Post a Comment