Monday, March 25, 2013

Is Namine picking up on other people’s memories? (commentary on DIch80 and ASASch3)


Yup.

Let's take just a second to consider an analogy that I thought up a while ago that I never got around to mentioning.

My Namine is a lot like Xion in KH cannon (how many n's does that word have?). They are both imperfect replicas, created from memories, and are slightly unstable.

No, Namine will not end up absorbing Riku.

The point is...

If you have played Days, you will remember that really random scene on the Destiny Islands where Zexion showed up, and then Riku showed up, and Roxas was flipping out before he turned into Xion who turned into Riku who turned into Sora.

That just about the best example I can get you for a memory meltdown.

They are probably that disorienting.

And, using that as my example-

That memory was Riku's. Xion was created from Sora's memories, and sure, she saw Sora's memory a lot.

But that particular memory was Riku's.

And, going of what I THINK happened in the Novel, Riku happened to be around Destiny Islands at that time, and that memory was fresh in his mind.

Xion, being sensitive to memories, picked it up.

Same thing that happened to my Namine in this last chapter.

There was a strong memory floating about, and she picked it up. She technically does it all the time with Riku's memories. Have you noticed that as soon as Riku thinks of a particular memory, it's not long before she has a meltdown with that memory in it?

That ALSO happened in the last chapter.


And... uhm...

concerning the thing with Ven looking like Roxas, and Joseph noticing...

yeah...

Slipped my mind.

In my head, Ven and Roxas are two completely different characters. I know they look alike. That's obvious! However- sometimes, in my head that doesn't cause any issues. I would never get the two of them mixed up. And... since I never really think about it, it never made it on paper

*headdesk*

However, at least, I have reasons why Joseph would have NOT mistaken Ven for Roxas.

For starters, Joseph KNOWS Roxas is dead.

Ven is obviously not in an Organization cloak (the only thing Roxas would be wearing, EVER)

Ven fights very differently from Roxas.

Yes, I'm sure he would've done a double take upon realizing they look exactly alike, however...

(be prepared for lame excuses...)

Joseph is surrouned by Berserkers when Ven shows up

Joseph is surrounded by Berserkers for a while

Joseph is knocked across town and stays down for quite some time

And... this is from Aqua's pont of view, and by the time Joseph actually got a good look at Ven was when Ven went over to help him up. Aqua wasn't close enough to them to distinguish any confused look that would've flashed across Joseph's face.

and I'm sure Joseph understood that there were more important things to talk about then why the heck Ven looked like a friend of his that had been killed recently.

plus, he knows they have no clue who Roxas is, and therefore might just not bother to bring the subject up...
I think I'm rationalizing this (is that the right term? You know what I mean!) a bit much...
If this isn't a good enough explanation for you, I will...

rework...

the darn scene...

*twitch*

sorry, I spent like almost two weeks working on it, and this, all random scenes like this, for some reason became dear to my heart.

I would hate to have to rework it too much.

I understand, though, if it's neccessary... but...

I'm probably just letting my emotions screw with my decision. I probably just do need to sit myself down and rework it...

No comments:

Post a Comment