Monday, March 25, 2013

I don’t care if it’s not that simple. It’s what’s going to happen (commentary on ch51-53 of Can’t Escape)


Here's the blog about the last sequence in Can't Escape (see, the reason why I wait til all the chapters are posted to blog is because usually with crossovers, we don't write in chapters. We write ALL OF IT AT ONCE and then go back and add in chapters. So, i'd like to blog about it ALL AT ONCE)

Now, let's just hope I remember what I want to say about it, because I never wrote any notes down...
however, considering I only just started reading it and I already have something to say, I think we're in good shape

So, the very first paragraph of this was actually meant to go in Dead Inside. However, the chapter I thought I'd need to put it in ended up being much longer than I expected it to (it went from a 500 word rough draft to somewhere over 2000 words) and so it was taken out

and it was put here!

Oh, right, I still have to address Kairi learning how to fight. I think I had originally planned to have them stay in Olympus Coliseum and have Roxas give her some pointers, but it never happened. It seems like it was just one of those "random ideas that don't work out". I end up with quite a few of those.

My characters are always complaining about their luck! Sora does it, Riku does it, and now Kairi's doing it too! Sheesh!

Hmm...

Okay, so the restaurant they all go to is actually based on a real life restaurant. It's called "Raising Cane's" and they literally only sell chicken. The four things I listed on this menu are literally all they have (minus the kid's meal)

So, Tifa walking in and realizing they lacked burgers was a little humor for you. (Though, I have seen people walk in to that restaurant, study the menu, and then walk out)

Here's what Kairi says about that school play

"Sora had an almost unhealthy obsession with that play. Even before we performed it at school, his dad had taken him to see it at least five times, and the auditions were slightly unfair because he knew every single line of the play by heart. And, I don’t know if Sora’s like this here, but he was really into make-believe stuff, so we had this entire game going just based on the play- it was ridiculous. But fun."

I have a lot of random quotes that were supposed to go in this that didn't end up making it in, as usual.

like this one:
Kairi: If I'm a princess, will being away from my own universe have any... serious repercussions?
Somoene: That's an odd question.
Kairi: I grew up with Sora
(confused looks)
Kairi: Was he not like that here? *laughs* He lived his life like it were a fairtale. I cannot tell you how picky he was about details like that. It rubbed off on me. 

Oh, and Kairi's embarrassing moment - Selphie trying to get her and Sora to kiss for a lot of munny - is actually something that started here
Kairi: We never reenacted the movie version of the play, though Selphie promised us A LOT of munny if we ever did
Roxas: Why didn't you do it?
Kairi: *flushes* well, the movie version requierd the two lead roles, me and Sora, to kiss. Which is probably why she wanted us to do it...
Roxas: And you didn't want to?
Kairi: We were twelve. We thought it'd be gross.
Roxas: What do you think now?
Magik's Kairi: Roxas, stop teasing her
Kairi: I think I need to focus on finding Sora, and then I'll see what happens when I get him back. There's no telling how much he might've... changed.

I have to admit, though, I couldn't have possibly tied Sephiroth into this any better than I did. Going from Tifa's shifty glances, to Kairi's annoyance, to mentioning the night before, to "It's been years since the last time I've had any sort of darkness meddle with me. I'd let my guard down" to Sephiroth.

Granted, it probably wasn't any more than two years ago that he was gotten rid of in my universe

but, still. It flowed really well.

I have no idea why I'm talking about this.

Oh, but yeah, Tifa's thinking about Zack. "Him being alive here won't change anything."

And then Kairi's really bitter.

The bitter side of my characters always seems to come out in the crossovers. The only time I've seen Namine angry is in a crossover. Granted, it was AU, but still. (I do find it incredibly funny that that side of her only comes out in the AU crossovers, though)

I'm almost surprised that no one's brought up the fact that Kairi's mom isn't around anymore in my universe...
Though, this last chapter has only been up like, a day.

But she's not around anymore. I don't think she's dead. I think she decided she wanted to do something else with her life and went to travel the worlds or something (and she's probably the reason why Kairi's dad knows about other worlds, actually.) I haven't thought about it a lot, though...

Poor Tifa. I always feel so bad for her in this segment, because she has her understanding of like EVERYTHING just taken and torn out of shape. Roxas and Sora existing at the same time, Kairi having a Nobody, all that. It just fries her brain.

Oh, btw Flightfoot, it's mainly because Namine's Kairi's Nobody that my Kairi thinks magik's universe is weird.

"I trusted Sora! I trusted him!"

which is similar to this quote that never made it in

"How did I not see it!? It was staring me in the face the entire time, and I didn't even notice... I guess trust makes you blind. You trust that they'll tell you when something goes wrongs, so you don't bother to pay attention..."

Which, actually I think was based on the events that take place in the 5th Wizards book by Diane Duane "A Wizard's Dilema". I think Nita says something along those lines.

Oh, I love this:
"He was freakishly overprotective of me. Like, Riku to Namine, freakishly overprotective of me."

Actually, I love this entire rant from Kairi.

It just has so much emotion in it. And, I know I wrote it, but I still love it.

Maybe it's because this is what it takes for Kairi to realize just how unwilling she is to let Sora go again.

This is where the: "Hell no, I am not just going to sit here and let him do this to himself again. I am going to find him, and I am going to save him."

And this is probably my favorite thing about my SoKai.

Really.

Just let me get another chapter posted to Dead Inside, and I'll have a blog post about it

*gasp!*

OHcrap, I left out like three words in that sentence! Magik!! We have an error we need to fix!!

"I do not care what it save him"

I completely left out "takes to"

Smooth...

Okay, that's it.

I could sit and rant more about SoKai, but I'll wait til I can blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment