Monday, March 25, 2013

Good thing that bowl’s plastic (commentary on ch117)


JOURNAL DUMP IN THE LAST POST! jk not really

If you care...

Sorry I haven't been posting to Dead Inside. I've been seriously sidetracked. I promise I'll try and be better about this!!

Okay, so, I think this is where the notes start for this chapter... I only ended up having two groups of notes between these four chapters (at least it wasn't just one, I suppose) So...

My first note on this is that Tifa reminds me of Donna (from Doctor Who) with the whole "Because I did blah"

That, and I love how it's "something about Cloud" pause "again"

I don't know if it actually reads that way, but that's totally how it is in my head

It had to be Yuffie who called Shad a jerkface, because Shad's got nothing on Yuffie. Everyone else here he could've and probably would've stopped.

Shad's probably very upset wherever he is now (well, you know that, but still). If I was the Great Allie, I'd put a description of what he angrily does as a result in parenthesis, but I'm not her and this isn't a comedy. If you happen to like comedies and Super Paper Mario, go read the Great Allie's "the Count's World" fics. You'll enjoy 'em. (that, and the way she writes Dimentio is amazing. Though... I might just have a thing for video game phsycopaths (Dimentio, Ghirihim, Shad... oh dear...))

Tifa's very... blunt. This whole sequence here with Leon telling her to be quick, and then Aerith tells her to be gentle- Idk, there's something about it that I like. It just implies so much about Tifa's character without me actually saying anything, and I really like that.
Because, later in this chapter (I'm hoping your reading this blog AFTER the chapter, because I'm totally giving this away otherwise) it explains that Sephiroth meddled with their thoughts like this frequently, so they've all gotten pretty used to breaking the truth to each other (that sentence sounds weird..) and they know each other's methods. Tifa's very blunt in her methods. She's learned that with Cloud you just have to be blunt, and while that's probably not the best method to use on everyone else, it works.
Though, thinking about it, I have a feeling that they kept Tifa away from Aerith when Aerith's thoughts had been meddled with. Because Aerith and blunt just don't go together, especially not when it's being blunt about Zack... all that just adds up to BAD IDEA!!

hey look! The yelling at my characters portion of my notes!!

"Namiku, you're not telepathic!" (though I have no idea when they were trying to be, since it's been so long, but they must've been trying or I wouldn't have written that)

"Kairi, you are not standing, stop trying to sit down."

"Leon, you do not have a cup of tea." 

Oh, and look, we're randomly swapping POVs (which happens to me a lot when Riku's in the room and I start in NOT his POV, though that actually isn't the reason this time around, I don't think)

HEY!! what happened to my note about the orange bowl!? *can't find it in my notes*
Well, the orange bowl that Aerith goes and gets is a reference to the "all-purpose orange bowl" that we have at my house, which we'd use for cooking, mainly, but also for holding popcorn, and candy, and other things...

Then I broke it... *sniffle* I didn't mean to... I don't even know how it broke. It was either because I dropped the TV remote on it or because I stepped on it... both of which happened at about the same time, so...

 I'm going to wait and see who all asks about stage three before I actually say what it is. I think I left enough clues for you to assume (it was supposed to be revealed in-story, but that was scrapped because it was taking too long)

So, random note (this might've needed to go sooner...) but Sephiroth, actually, didn't show up until after Zack died. Cloud had had trouble with the darkness beforehand, it had calmed down, but then a certain someone's (I might've left enough clues at this point for you to gues who! GASP!) tampering and the overwhelming guilt that resulted from Zack's death spawned Sephiroth. Obviously, Sephiroth was dealt with some time ago.
Exact date? No freaking clue, but I don't quite have an exact date on Zack's death, either. In my head, it's permanently three years ago, even though, reasonably, it should be four if not five. Either way, Sephiroth was probably dealt with about a year after Zack's death. Probably.

I wonder what Toby's up to for most of this. He's just... sittin there...

"I can't tell what's tangled in this mess and what's not"
This reminds me of Shad's rant, and the tangled emotions, and all that crud...
The more important thing is that most of you are probably wondering how Tifa can even tell that things are tangled. If you aren't, well, poo, I'm explaining it anyway.
See, people like Tifa (and Cloud, too) grow so accustomed to the darkness that they can sense its effects on other people. This is either because they know what to look for or because they've just learned to sense it in themselves, and they've grown so attuned to it that they can't help but notice it in other people (I like that second explanation).
Tifa is often blunt about it (no surprise). She senses something wrong in someone and she'll often just say it to their face. I don't know if that's just because she's learned to be blunt with Cloud (as I've said before) or what it is. But she's blunt.
Cloud's much quieter about these sort of things. 

I'm hungry.

I don't have any more notes on this chapter written, and I'm too hungry to think of anything else. So...

No comments:

Post a Comment