Monday, March 25, 2013

Funny story about this chapter (ch114)


First things first, though. Cookie just left a review and I need to answer him

About Riku and his darkness... well, he's not going to have to keep expelling it.
I didn't mention it, but there are two things you can do with it. You can either a) expel it or b) master it. Riku's just not coherent enough at the moment to master his darkness at the moment.

Also, the excess energy will probably wear off once his body/data decides how it's going to deal with it. We're just not quite far past him being superinfused with darkness in the first place, so- erm... where was I going with this?

Next thing he asked was, to quote directly
(quoting my fic) "Find a way to get to me, and we can figure it out from there"
(he asks) "Is that foreboding the end? You've already said that when everything has gone to hell, which is usually right before the end, Namine won't be there. Or am I just looking too far into these things?" 

Well then, this isn't something I even thought of! However, don't think you're looking too far into it, because it could easily be true. I mean, I didn't plan for that to "forebode the end" but it easily could. Wouldn't be the first time a character did that to me.


And... on to the chapter

This chapter was actually planned to replace the previous one. There was just something about the previous chapter that... I didn't like... I mean, I've gotten over it now, but when I first wrote it, it just didn't seem like something I really wanted or needed

then, of course, Joseph said something that made it imperative that I kept it... and you know me, I hardly scrap something if it involves getting rid of something that Joseph says

Sorry if the transition from Riku's POV to Kairi's is a bit awkward. I didn't want to rewrite it all from Kairi's, so I sort of went from Riku's, to an omniscient, to Kairi's POV. It works.

Heh, the first part of my notes is just me ranting about why this chapter replaced the other one, which isn't relevant because they both went up...

I am going to take this time to say two quick things, though.

For starters, I'm still a bit puzzled as to why I only got two reviews on the last chapter. Oh, and an anonymous review, but.... I'm lacking reviews from Flightfoot and Xianit and... erm... I think that's it. Unless I have more than five regular reviewers...

Just puzzled.

if either of you check my blog: I'VE UPDATED!!!

Second thing, uhm, still taking suggestions for Riku's dark mode. I mean, I might sit down and spend the rest of the night designing it. But... well... I don't know what I plan on doing tonight.

I mean, I know I should be writing, but now that the fact that I probably WON'T hit the end of Dead Inside by the end of summer has become pretty clear in my head, I don't think I'm going to focus so much on writing. Besides, sitting on my butt all summer and trying to pound out another chapter... well... just seems stupid. Where's the fun in that? Shouldn't you try and have fun during the summer? I mean, I'm not saying I'm going to try and do something that Phineas and Ferb might do, I'm not THAT ambitious, but I definitely am going to try and do more than just sit on my butt and write.

I mean, I do have Epic Mickey to finish.

And plenty of books to read.

Along with scores to improve on Link's Crossbow training

and things to unlock on Melee

and maybe I'll do the Subspace Emissary on Brawl again. Been a while since I've done that.

I also have FF13 to finish

and Hero mode on Skyward Sword.

anyway, enough ranting about my life, back to the chapter.

You wouldn't put it past Aerith to speed up cooking with magic, would you?

This is random, but, before I thought it through all the way, Kairi was planned to cook dinner. Of course, the timing wouldn't have worked, which is why that didn't happen, but the conversation when Riku and Namine came back went something like this:
Riku: You cook? Since when do you cook!?
Kairi: Well, I'm glad my best friends pay attention to me-
Riku: I just didn't know that you cooked!
Kairi: I live alone with my dad, who's the MAYOR, and works late every other night. Of course I know how to cook!
Namine: I knew that she knew how to cook...
Riku: You're not helping.

it made me laugh... 

Cid kind of reminds me of my dad in the next bit. He has a really cluttered desk, and then you're like "where do you want me to put this?" and he's like "uhh..." and then frantically moves stuff and makes everything pretty much more messy than it had been before.

"Eh, the rest of them do it all the time!" I love that!

along with
"You expect ME to hang onto it? It'll get lost in this mess overnight!"

I also find it funny that Kairi just says "friends of Namine's" and completely leaves Riku out

Kairi kind of scares me here, actually.  I mean, I understand completely where she's coming from. Yes, she misses Sora and strongly believes he's not coming back. It's that firm belief that scares me... yeah, it was my idea originally, but the way she's taken it up in stride is just- just- I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment