Monday, March 25, 2013

Oh, this is the LONG AN (commentary on ch112)


Well, for starters, here's some trivia about the start of this chapter (which was originally the end of last chapter, but apparently I split things differently... whoops...)
I couldn't decide if I wanted Yuffie or Joseph to smack their forehead in response to Riku's "I'm not wearing a shirt!" I could see them both doing it, but I couldn't decide. So I asked my mom to pick a number, and then asked my dad. If the number my dad picked was higher than what my mom picked, it would be Yuffie. If it was lower, it would be Joseph. Mom picked 9. Dad picked 7. Joseph got the part!

So, I sent the Namiku bickering ("I'd so smack you right now" and "Ah, yes, I'm loved") to my friend Grace (I mentioned her with the confetti "incident", right?) and I was like “Iwanttoputthatinsobadbutit'ssoclosetohimsaying"iloveyou"andit'stoosoonfortha-aaa-attttt!!” and she replied with “sklfjlsdkfjdlskfjsldkj put it in do ittttttt”
so, I did.

Plus! We're getting really close to the end, and it can't be sudden "OH! I love you now!" because, well, I think Riku'd kill me if it was like that, especially since he's so insistent on- well- spoilers. 

oh, bleh, I'm being distracted by stupid Shake it Up. And my little sister's not even in the room... *turns volume on TV down to a more reasonable level* I'd turn it off, but she'd yell.

anyway

I love how Toby points out that Namine's blushing and she denies it, but when Joseph points out that Riku's blushing he says shut up.

The reason why everyone's so odd about meeting Kairi is that they TECHNICALLY already know who she is, since they met magik's Kairi, so it's like "Hello Kai- oh wait a minute. We haven't been introduced yet... crud..."

It's so weird when I have to make people introduce themselves again. Ah well, it could be worse. At least I'm writing in a semi-omniscient POV, and therefore don't have that awkward "this person doesn't know who so-and-so is, and so I can't call them by name and have to find something else to call them." THAT'S annoying. And I run into that issue often enough with Sora... *grumblegrumble*

To be completely honest, I'm slightly surprised that Joseph's had cookies before. They probably weren't very common around CO or TWTNW. However, I think 29 was VERY lenient with Joseph and tried to let him experience things that kids normally would.

the "Don't! You'll hurt yourself!" snippet was actually something I wrote on a whim and never thought I would use. BUT THERE IT IS!! Ah, I love it when that stuff happens...

Oh Tifa. You're so blunt.

And you're yelling... as usual...

See, it's easy to know who Namine is! If you know Riku, you know Namine, or know of her and can gather who she is when you finally meet her (she's sitting next to Riku *cough cough* )

For Kairi, eh, no one knows who she is, sadly. Sora didn't mention her that often, and even if he did, Kairi's, sadly, not going to let on that she knows him right away... *clears throat and glares at Shad, who grins that stupid grin of his back at me*

Shad: oh, it's a stupid grin, is it?
Me: Yeah. I'm sorry, but after what you said two nights ago-
Shad: It was your idea!
Me: No, it was yours.
Shad: Yeah, and you liked it, so this is as much your fault as it is mine.
Me: It made the conversation easier, okay! 
Shad: Admit it! You secretly like the-
Me: Shut up! My blog post!! Shoo! Go find other things to do!!
Shad: Did you just tell me to "shoo"?
Me: Yes! Now shoo!

Ugh, now he's completely messed up the next thing I was going to say. Grr... *throws joke out the window, since it doesn't make sense anymore*

Back to the chapter.

Tifa tends to notice things in people. I'm not sure if it's just she's so good at reading Cloud that she can read everyone else or what it is. But she notices things in people and then she's blunt about them. Of course, she's restraining herself here with Kairi, because she's known Kairi all of two seconds and that would be rude.
I like how Kairi responds, though. I mean, I suppose Kairi isn't one of the people you'd normally find indimidating, but... as she is right now, believing that Sora's gone and there is no hope- I think anyone can be intimidating when they believe they have nothing left. Because if they have nothing left, then they have nothing to lose.

Though... Kairi might just be usually like this... I haven't quite written enough for her to tell...

In case it isn't clear (and I'm pretty sure it isn't) this scene takes place in the dining room area. I mean, they probably should've just healed Riku in the front room... considering it's closer... guess I didn't think that through too well... maybe they used the back door... her house has to have a back door...

Wow, Riku. After Namine says "I'm moving" the first thing that crosses his mind is "what if I don't want you to?" *shakes head*

I love that line "If Xehanort showed up, I think I'd laugh and slam the door in his face." The alternate dialogue there was "What was I going to do, let him die? You'd have to be Xehanort for me to turn you away" and then we'd go form there. Though that was simpler and maybe more natural, I wanted the "laugh and slam his door" thing. So...

Besides, watched TV recently? There are so many things that aren't quite natural, but are just put there to either get the conversation moving or mention something that needs to be mentioned (granted, I've only noticed this in Avatar, but that's the only TV I watch...)

Hey, why is it suddenly hot in my house!?! (not that you care...) *checks thermostat* what!? How is it only 80 degrees? It's too hot to be only 80!!

Sorry I'm narrating my life. I guess I just haven't talked to enough people today... heheh...

Yuffie's tenis ball originated in that HB scene that I started writing and then scrapped. I suppose I should post that now... hmm...

What? Why did I put this here? Well, I have more alternate dialogue that'd go after the "laugh and slam the door in his face" line.
Aerith: And if he (Xehanort) wasn't injured enough, maybe I'd-
Tifa: Right... that's enough coffee for you...

Of course, that killed the flow of everything. It's still funny, though.

Why is Aerith being so touchy about getting Riku healed? Well, since he technically should be dead and probably could be dead if not treated properly, she wants to do everything she can to keep him alive. She doesn't want someone else to die on her watch, and they're just wasting time by making him go expel darkness again. The more time they waste, the higher chance that something bad will happen and she won't be able to fix it.

ugh... now I have to go find a chapter title... (I know it'll have one by the time you read this, but it doesn't as of right now, 4:52 pm by my clock)

No comments:

Post a Comment