Thursday, March 28, 2013

About Riku's memories 2

read first post here
They didn't end up together because they were labeled separate things whoops
actually it happened because one was labeled review replies and the other wasn't


technically, this conversation happened in a comment thread, but It was so long I figured I'd post it in a new blog. 


Flightfoot asked: Building replicas isn't the only thing that memories are good for. Saix should have looked through them to see if there was any useful information on how to defeat Repliku in them. Also, it may have been helpful to see what the Organization in AtP was like, so that he could avoid the pitfalls that they stepped into. In addition, I'd imagine that looking into Repliku's memories may be helpful in figuring out what is causing meltdowns and how to prevent them.
If Repliku's memories contain the fake memories that Namine planted, then the other Riku's memories may have been helpful in figuring out what was going to happen next in "Falling to Pieces", and his fake memories may be helpful in figuring out what was going on in "Falling to Pieces". At the very least, people should have checked to see if this sort of useful information was contained in Repliku's memories

I replied:
Holy flip, I almost need another blog post to respond to that...
You do bring up some good points, Flightfoot! Really making me think!
Alright, I suppose Saix COULD have gone through his memories to figure out his weaknesses and all that. I don't have a rationalization for why he DIDN'T, except that he never thought that Riku would be such a threat... which... well... doesn't entirely work.
However, for that second question, you have to keep in mind Repliku didn't live long. He saw only what happened inside of Castle Oblivion, and even then he didn't pay much attention to it. Back in the Truth Hurts, they DID use... uhmm... no, hang on, that's not what I wanted to say... They did see his memories and guess that maybe trying to use Namine to control Repliku was a bad idea, but Marluxia was too arrogant to listen. (there, that's what I meant...)
I don't think Repliku still has planted memories of Riku. I remember reading somewhere a theory that when Namine shattered him, she shattered all his false memories, but his heart was so unstable that everything else just went with. So, those memories are probably the most vague for him, IF he even still has them. And even if he does, no one's going to THINK to look through them to see what was going on in FtP. Riku (my Riku) didn't have such close ties to the Rebellion then. And the Rebellion had other things to deal with. I'm sure maybe... 19 would have maybe warned him if he had actually SEEN, but 19 isn't terribly good with computers, remember? I doubt anyone else would've cared.
Yes, I do realize that his memories would've been a good spot to find information, but that didn't occur to me that they were even still ON the Database until just recently. The best excuse I can come up with is someone looked through them, found absolutely nothing interesting (to them, at least) in them and no one bothered to double check.
or... his memories are just too unstable, not just to use but to view (as, actually, you will see in the next chapter...)
Plus, memories are not accurate at all. They do not portray facts, but feelings. And Repliku's feelings, with no doubt, clouded up most of his memories. I doubt he paid much attention to what the Organization was doing. He cared more about Namine, and was probably focusing on her most of the time. And, I'm pretty positive, that information is almost useless. Well, okay, except the Organization can gather that she's his weakness, but I think they've already established that.
...
okay, I think I covered everything.
Feel free to ask more questions, though. This was actually fun to figure out. Thanks for making my brain work more than it's used to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment